Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's Been A Long Road, Gettin' From There To Here

The alarm went off at 3 am and the plane's door closed at 6:30. A stopover in Denver late morning was the only hitch in my getting to my hotel room just a couple blocks from Capitol Hill in DC. Yes, I'm here for my third Concerned Educators Against Forced Unionism conference; you can read about past experiences here by typing CEAFU into the search engine at the top of the page.

Tomorrow I'll go to the newly-renovated Museum of American History, and Monday I'm meeting an old West Point buddy at the National Archives. The conference starts Monday evening.

6 comments:

Scott McCall said...

I'm glad to live and work in a "right to work" state where it's illegal for a business to force you to join a union. I work at a very labor intensive theatre which often has the local labor union come and construct sets. I'm very glad I'm not forced to be a part of them, and considered only an employee of the theatre.

Unknown said...

200 miles from here ...

neko said...

But Darren, did you see your dream come alive at last? Did you touch the sky?

Darren said...

Oh good, someone got it :-)

neko said...

Just glad to know that you've got faith of the heart.

Ellen K said...

Hey Darren, if you want more fodder against forced unionism, read my post today. It seems that unions have once again proven that we should avoid large groups of people who are claiming to do things for our own good.