Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You've Got To Be Kidding

Look at the picture in this article. Go ahead, look. Barack Obama and Ted Kennedy are several feet away from Hillary Clinton, and Clinton is talking to someone else. How could anyone but some crazed "vote for her because she's a woman" zealot come up with the idea that Obama is in any way ignoring or snubbing Clinton? Good God, he's behind her and a few feet away!

Obama insists he committed nothing like a snub, and eyewitnesses in the room didn't see Clinton reach for Obama's hand.

"Senator Clinton and I have had very cordial relations, off the floor and on the floor," Obama told reporters yesterday after the slight turned into a full-blown flap.

"I waved at her as I was coming into the Senate chamber before we walked over last night.

"I think that there's just a lot more tea-leaves-reading going on here than I think people are suggesting."

I'm not carrying any water for Obama, but this is one Clinton-created controversy that's just too pathetic for words.

1 comment:

Ellen K said...

I am so dismayed by this election in general that I think it's driven me a bit ditzy. I can't support McCain without a good reason. Hillary in the opposition would be that reason because I don't think she's merely a liberal, I think she's a vindictive, power-hungry liberal and that scares me. So in McCain-Clinton contest I would hold my nose and vote for McCain. BUT...if it were Obama, I might be persuaded to vote for him because it would do two things-put the race card to rest as a reason or cause for every governmental debate AND give the whole liberal "magic" its chance to work. I would hate for McCain to put forth his liberal stances and then have things tanks with yet more blame being heaped on conservatives. Maybe after two years of "change" the mid-term bloodbath as the political pendulum swings back would help us get a better grasp on what we are really supposed to be doing economically, socially and militarily.