Tuesday, January 08, 2008

This Year's Not Off To A Good Start

I type this post on the laptop while sitting in bed--at a time when I'm usually getting dressed for work.

I did something bad to my back this past weekend. I'm not sure exactly what, but yesterday walking was a pretty difficult proposition. This morning, standing is nigh impossible. I was able to struggle into my library and get online to request a substitute, and now I'm back in bed with the laptop and phone in case someone from school needs to know where something is.

Chiropractor appointment is this afternoon. I think I should call and try to get in earlier. After all, I'm just wasting gravity right now.

Good thing I bought this laptop a couple weeks ago, eh? And good thing I stay after school on Mondays to plan out each week's worth of lessons. If nothing else, my sub should be able to provide some semblance of normality in my absence.

Growing old sucks. I guess it beats the alternative, but still.

9 comments:

Mrs. Johnson said...

I am sorry that you hurt your back. I hope your back up and at it soon!

Darren said...

Thank you--I hope so, too! But I've put the last couple hours to good use, reading the Eisenhower Archives documents pertaining to Little Rock 1957. Fascinating.

Science Student said...

Damnit!
Back pain is the worst. You have my transatlantic sympathy!

Anonymous said...

so i got 81300 points in cannon challenge and i was on level 12 of 15 and i missed the last object by like 1 point in power and it would have hit it

Ellen K said...

Back pain is the worst. My daughter has two degenrating disks thanks to a car wreck her sophomore year in college. She's gone the whole route of chiropractic, epidual shots, rehab and such. Our next step is minimally invasive surgery, scheduled for sometime in April. Take care of yourself and get a second opinion. I truly think that the chiropractor hurt her more than helped her.

Anonymous said...

This would explain why, when I went in to your room today to chat at lunch, the door was locked. Though maybe you're locking your door now, i don't know.

Dan Edwards said...

Get Better soon. If it continues, you might, as my better half did, find help/relief via therapudic massage; stuff like myofacial release techniques, not the Swedish Relaxation Special types of message. Much of it depends on what is wrong with your back.

Darren said...

Mornings are the worst. You'd expect they'd be the best, after a night's rest, but they're the worst. I felt better before going to bed last night. Ugh!

Third visit to the chiropractor/physical therapist today.

Unknown said...

Just wait till you're old enough that you pull a muscle just stretching in the morning.