Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Memorizing Pi

I don't know the value of doing this, but hey, I don't hold the record.

Va. Teen Sets Record for Pi Recitation

By Associated Press

ROANOKE, Va. - The third time was the charm for 15-year-old Gaurav Raja, who succeeded in setting the North American record for reciting digits of pi.


Gaurav on Monday recited 10,980 digits, breaking the North American and U.S. record of 10,625, which had stood for 27 years. During an after-school session, he recited about two numbers per second for one hour, 14 minutes and 28 seconds.


The achievement ranks him ninth in the world. The world record is 42,195.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damned, I thought I had no life! :)

Ellen K said...

I guess no matter what the meal is, some people just can't get enough pi....sorry, I couldn't resist.