Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Funky Student Names

When my baby sister was born, my dad's wife was sharing a hospital room with one other woman. That couple also had a daughter and had already picked out a name. Now, this "joke", if only it were a joke, is better told than read, so I'll write it here as I'd tell it to you verbally. They were going to name their daughter Roxanne--spelled R-O-C-K-S-A-N-D. When my dad's wife was discharged from the hospital, she gave the baby name book to the nurse and asked her to give it to that other couple.

Well, here's a post in which a substitute teacher has collected some of the more, shall we say, unique student names he's come across. The first one he lists? Kotex.

Yeah, go read it.

1 comment:

Ellen K said...

OMG. Too funny. I went to college with a girl named Rose Busch. Her brother's name was Thorne. She married ASAP.