Sunday, March 12, 2006

Teachers Make The Worst Students

Here's an interesting column with the same title. The teaser:

In this line of work, you have to be willing to adjust your thinking when confronted with new evidence.

So here goes: I used to think that left-wing Latino activists, Minutemen vigilantes and politicians in both parties had the thinnest skins on the planet. But now that I've been scolded for criticizing the critics of the No Child Left Behind education law, I'd have to say that public schoolteachers win the prize.

2 comments:

dweir said...

Thank you for sharing the link. Another site to add to my daily list. I particularly liked how the author developed the "you can't criticize if you haven't walk in our shoes" argument.

Darren said...

Actually, I wasn't so impressed with that argument. I don't think you have to be a teacher to have an opinion, even an informed opinion, on what's wrong.

I wonder how many of those teachers have ever criticized the President--and my guess is they've never held that position.