Thursday, January 19, 2006

Funny Final Exam Answers

My trig final is universally regarded as a beast. In an effort to add a little levity to it, I interspersed three "gimme" questions into it:

What is your favorite color?
What is the capital of California?
Who is your favorite pre-calculus teacher? (we call it pre-calc instead of trig)

I'm getting some great answers for the first question.

"Green. What's yours?"
"Pink, or whatever color yours is."
"Navy blue." Considering how bad Navy beat my team in the Army-Navy Game this season....
"Whatever color will get me the most points."
"The color of your eyes."

More:

"Clear!"
"Orange. I mean blue. Ahhhhhhh!"
"Grey." Must be British.
"Blue-gray."
"Air Force Blue." Maybe it's a tribute to Major Phelps.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel so uncreative all i wrote was blue

Evan

KauaiMark said...

Some major sucking-up happen' there ;)

..Mark

Darren said...

Sucking up, when done well, can be an art form :-)

Anonymous said...

My dad would always say "plaid"

Anonymous said...

I give pop quizzes, not so much to make sure students come to class, but to reward the ones that pay attention. The last one is always a throwaway with questions like do you remember your name? and what's your favorite color? Unfortunately, since they're answered on scantrons, I don't get entertaining answers.