Monday, January 16, 2006

Comments

17 of the last 22 "comments" have been spam, which I've deleted. I've deleted no comments from real humans since the first week of "moderating comments", when my dear friend Anonymous clearly hadn't learned my lessons about foul language and ad hominem attacks--and I think I've only deleted one such comment in all the months since instituting moderating.

Such is the effort I go through to provide you, my readers, with valuable material. Please send cash offerings of thanks to.... =)

2 comments:

EdWonk said...

Consider using Haloscan commenting (no spam in over a year and one-half) or enabling the "Show word verification for comments" feature on your blogger control panel.

Personally, I think that you would be satisfied with Haloscan because they offer trackback, gravatars, etc. It's free, but you can get additional features for ten dollars per year.

Darren said...

I'm not techno-savvy enough to do the Haloscan thing--heck, I can't even figure out how to do site counters! I was most impressed with my ability to ever-so-slightly modify this template so as to add the California Edubloggers section.

As for word verification, I turned it off because some of my readers emailed that they didn't like it. Better to inconvenience myself than to inconvenience my readers--*I* will always come back!