Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Third Time's A Charm

My son is home on leave and came to see me at school a couple days ago.  He couldn't remember which room was mine, felt a bit conspicuous at school, and didn't want to go to the office to ask!

Yesterday, armed with the location of my classroom, he tried again.  On the way there his tire died (actually, cracked rim caused the tire to deflate almost immediately).  He didn't make it.

Today he made it.  We had a staff potluck after finals today, so he came in and ate with us while proud dad got to show him off a little.  One of our teachers had him as a student back in 7th grade--he's a bit taller now, and the teacher didn't even recognize him.  Then again, it's been, what, 8 1/2 years or so?

Nice way for me to spend some time with him.

My massage chair here at home finally got repaired today.  He's in it right now, enjoying life.  I'm enjoying having him here.

No comments: