Saturday, December 02, 2017

Bad Christmas Songs

I was reading an article about Christmas songs that should be buried forever, and this one was on the list.

I remember New Kids on the Block, but I didn't listen to their music. Was all of it this bad?  Ohmigawd, this is painful!

There is a radio station here in the Sacramento area that, starting Thanksgiving, plays nonstop Christmas music until New Year's.  Since there isn't a lot of new Christmas music coming out, this station plays the same songs over and over and over and over again.  I've pretty much decided which songs I can't stand, here are some of them:

Christmas Shoes.  Seriously, it's a song about a kid's mom dying, and that's somehow supposed to be a Christmas song?

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.  I just don't get redneck humor, I guess.  And if the tune is catchy, it's only catchy like an alligator's mouth.

Feliz Navidad.  Again.  And again. And again.  It's in Spanish, I get it.  And again.

Do you have any non-favorites?  List them in the comments!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm with you on Christmas shoes. CAN NOT STAND that song.

Left Coast Conservative said...

All of the covers of "The Little Drummer Boy".

Education Realist said...

What worries me is that over time, I get so used to them that I start liking them. I used to hate Feliz Navidad. Now I sing it. "Last Christmas" is now getting covered, for god's sakes. One day I'm going to wake up singing "Simply having a WONderful Christmas time!"

Pseudotsuga said...

Don't they Know It's Christmas (i.e. the Virtue Signaling Carol)
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
And yes, let's get rid of Feliz Navidad. It's just a poor excuse for selling a song, no matter the Spanish words or the English words.

Darren said...

I can't stand Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!

Auntie Ann said...

I heard a cover version of "Do they know it's Christmas?" It was actually worse than the original, which only survived because it was a charity song.

Ellen K said...

I despise "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." It's an awful song.
I do like "Carol of the Bells" and "White Christmas."
"Feliz Navidad" is alot of fun to sing with a group when you're caroling.
And I guess I will always love "Little Drummer Boy" because my son was that in his second grade Christmas play back when schools still did that kind of thing.