Tuesday, August 08, 2017

I Can See Clearly Now



Back in May I posted about the contact lens I wear at night that corrects my eye like a retainer does teeth. I just got home from the DMV.  Now, for the first time in I don't know how long, my drivers license will no longer have a "must wear corrective lenses" restriction on it. 

Monovision--correcting only one eye so that I have one eye to see up close and one eye to see distance, giving me fairly good vision overall--is really working out well for me.  No distance glasses, no reading glasses, nothing.

And while I was at DMV, I paid an additional $5 to have a "veteran" designation put on my license.  One never knows when that might come in handy!

5 comments:

Steve USMA '85 said...

Interesting, here in Maryland they put the veteran designation on my license for free.

Darren said...

(In best Lowell Thomas voice): This...is California.

Mike Thiac said...

In Texas, nothing to put it on the DL. It's 3 bucks for putting it on your LP, **unless** you are a disabled vet, then it cost nothing.

Darren said...

To get the West Point Association of Graduates logo on my license plate costs $40--a year, I think, not a one-time charge.

Steve USMA '85 said...

Maryland - I thought it was $25/year to have the West Point license. However, I later learned it is just a one-time fee. Therefore, all three of my cars have West Point Licenses.

Well, I also have to join the local West Point Society to have permission to get the license.