Sunday, April 23, 2017

Can You Imagine Having A Professor As Unhinged As This One?

To lefties, she is the victim in this story:
A feminist professor said she was so triggered by a male student’s paper that “I began to have trouble distinguishing him from the man that [raped me].”

Writing anonymously in Inside Higher Ed, the professor described a lesson on rape culture she included in her gender class, saying she was frustrated with male students skeptical that it exists.

But one male student’s paper left her “thrown back into a pit of traumatic, fragmented memories,” she wrote.

The student cited a men’s rights advocacy group, referenced a case where a woman raped a man, questioned whether feminism was relevant, and said that concerns about gender inequality were overblown...

“As I went over his paper,” she wrote, “I realized that I was reading a paper that sounded word for word like something the man who raped me would say. And not only did this sound like something my rapist would say, this student fit the same demographic profile as him: white, college male, between the ages of 18 and 22.”

She said she was so upset that she could no longer grade papers or read...

She recounts screaming “Zero! You get a f*cking zero!” at the computer screen as she graded the student’s two-page paper, saying that she also felt that simply by writing the paper, he had undermined her authority as an instructor.
Does the (male) student have any recourse against such a teacher and such an obviously unjust grade?  Likely not.

3 comments:

Pseudotsuga said...

I can imagine that... some co-workers I am aware of would have a similar reaction.

If college is where a person learns to challenge her or his own perceptions, then this person should ask for a refund on her diploma, since she clearly didn't learn that fundamental skill in her post-modern Grievance Studies curriculum.

Anna A said...

I hope that she had someone else grade the paper, as was suggested in the comments at "Inside Higher Ed". Perhaps, a male sociologist whose specialty is different from hers.

(I had fun when I took beginning sociology in the dark ages of my undergrad studies. It was an easy class, after all my chemistry ones.)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish I had more guts in college (or less concern for my gpa) to take stances like this instead of parroting their views for the A.