Monday, October 24, 2016

The Final Paper Has Been Started

I've read the research. Highlighted the interesting stuff. Made a few notes.

I've done about as much as I can do without actually writing the paper.

So last night I set fingers to keyboard. I created the title page (APA format, don't you know), formatted the headers, drafted an abstract, and typed the first two sentences of my "review of literature" regarding what attributes a good math teacher should have. My goal for tonight is two paragraphs.

The paper is due in less than a month.

6 comments:

Mike Thiac said...

Page 1:

The

Writer block! Get me a drink! :<)

Good luck man...and as soon as this is in, get your ass out somewhere...you've earned it!

Darren said...

Not including the title page, abstract, and references, the paper has to be 7-10 pages long. I completed a page tonight. I can keep this rate up; after all, it's double-spaced. I worry about keeping the length *down* to 10 pages, what with all the research I read! If I quoted one line of the conclusion from each article (so I can cite it!), that's most of the paper right there.

Steve USMA '85 said...

I'd love to read either the draft (free proofing if wanted) or final.

Darren said...

Be careful, Steve, or I just might take you up on that.

Darren said...

I now have a sentence or two less than three full pages of text. The requirement is 7-10 pages, and I have 9 more studies to discuss. I've discussed only 3 so far.

I always want to type too much, make my papers too long. *sigh*

Darren said...

Done! 11/1/16