Tuesday, September 20, 2016

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

In the moments I could get some administrative work done today, I accomplished everything I set out to do.  So when I had the opportunity to leave school before 4:00 today--something I've been able to do only a few times in the month since school began--I took it.  I'll be able to knock out a lot of my master's coursework.

I got home to a garage door that wouldn't open.  No problem, I'll figure out that problem quick enough and then get some work done, then maybe go for an evening walk.

The stopped clock on the stove told me that the power had gone out perhaps 10 minutes before I got home.  It came back on not too long ago.

My master's coursework is done online.  No good deed goes unpunished.

Oh well.  I met some of my neighbors, folks I'd never met before after living here 11 years.  And I met them because I heard them talking out on the sidewalk, so I went out to join them. 

Lemonade from lemons.

No comments: