Monday, February 15, 2016

No Work This Week

I know many people don't work today because it's Presidents' Day, but in my district we take the whole week off.  I don't feel guilty about that, either, considering that we start school in the 2nd freakin' week of August. 

Normally I'd call this Ski Week, but it'll get up to 70 degrees, and perhaps a couple degrees beyond that, today.  It's beautiful outside.  Yes, I'd prefer a torrential downpour (our reservoirs are a couple years behind in storage!) but if I can't have that, beautiful weather is to be preferred.

I have a very exciting week planned, yes.  Today I have a washing machine repairman coming over!  And tomorrow I'll get the oil changed on my car!  Wednesday I get to go to the district office and pick up some of my netbooks from Tech Services and give them a half-dozen more to reimage.  And, if I can find someone to go with, I may head up to Reno for a night or two just to get out of town.  It's been awhile since I was up there last.

I've got some white chicken chili cooking in the crock pot right now, and I'm researching cost savings for my cell phone bill (while staying with Verizon)--looks like I'll be able to get the same service for $10/month less.  I'll get plenty of homework done for my current master's class, not quite so much if I go to Reno but still plenty.  May go see Deadpool somewhere.

Yes, it's a very exciting week :-)

No comments: