Saturday, December 12, 2015

It's In My Soul. It's Who I Am.

I don't want it to be.  I'm so tired of my alma mater having a losing team, I'm tired of supporting losers.

I left to go to a farmers' market, but when I noticed it was 12pm I couldn't help it.  I turned on the radio, put it on scan.  I knew I'd found the Army-Navy Game when I heard the national anthem being sung.

Navy's ranked 21st in the nation.  It wouldn't surprise me if Army, at 2-9, is ranked 121st.  But here I am, at home on the couch watching the game.  In the car I got to yell my two favorite words, TOUCHDOWN ARMY!

It's in my soul.  It's who I am.

Update:  They didn't play as badly as I thought they would, losing by 4.  The line was 21 1/2.

2 comments:

Jarett said...

Another rivalry game, another year of great signs

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/12/best-college-gameday-signs-army-navy

Steve USMA '85 said...

I was at the game Darren, it was awesome. We went in about 27 point underdogs and actually scored first and led for a substantial portion of the game. The streak will break at some point. When it does, I will be at the stadium to crack open the bottle of single malt scotch I've been carrying to the game for the past few years. It will only be opened upon an Army victory.

My lovely wife will have to drive home from the game that day.