Friday, September 25, 2015

Don't Become The Peacock

I've come up with a new saying:  don't become the peacock.  Here's the background:

Last Sunday evening my sister, a realtor, held an event at a local zoo.  The Bacon Mania food truck was there, as well as an ice cream vendor.  I'm sure a fun time was had by all--well, almost all.

One of the bear enclosures doesn't have a "roof", just a very tall fence around it.  I noticed the peacocks like to sit up on the top of the fence and survey the area.  Well, it was feeding time for the bears, so the zookeepers put some bear kibble into the enclosure.  One of the peacocks decided to fly down and eat some of the bear food.  In short order it became bear food.  By the time I got over to the bear enclosure there was nothing left but a few bones and a scattering of feathers.

Don't become the peacock.  It's a versatile saying, useful in many situations :)

No comments: