Monday, April 13, 2015

Clearly The Best Use of Pentagon Money

What is our military now, a uniformed version of the late great Antioch College?
An issue that could “dramatically affect” the mission of the United States Armed Forces is telling soldiers when it is okay to kiss a girl.

The Air Force is the latest branch to employ the services of Mike Domitrz, a speaker and author known for his “May I Kiss You?” training session, to teach servicemembers about consent and sexual assault prevention.

On Thursday the Air Force awarded Domitrz’s company, the Date Safe Project, $10,000 for three training sessions.

Domitrz’s 60 to 90 minute sessions offer a “unique combination of humor and dramatic story telling,” the Air Force said in an attachment detailing the contract terms.

“The ‘May I Kiss You’ presentation minimizes defensiveness and promotes an open discussion of an often silent topic,” the Air Force said.  link
I'm offended by the sexism inherent in the claim that someone would only want to kiss a girl. And I'm offended at the demeaning term "girl".

Yes, there's a lot about this that offends me and my common sense.

No comments: