Thursday, January 22, 2015

Team Victory

During our scheduled and mandated "collaboration time" today our social sciences department organized a trivia challenge.  I missed last year's but was looking forward to this year's.

I got to the library early and one of our bright English teachers was there.  I offered to join up with her but was given the cold shoulder--we have our own pretty tight-knit group already, she said, since they'd won together last year.  And with that it was on.  I started assembling a team, calling ourselves Team Victory.

Thirty questions on a variety of topics, no multiple choice.  When the scores were tallied we didn't feel like we'd wrapped ourselves in glory, scoring only 19 questions right out of 30, but it was enough to take 1st Place.

I love the smell of ink on paper in the afternoon.  It smells like...victory  :-)

8 comments:

Left Coast Conservative said...

Way to go, Col. Kilgore!

PeggyU said...

Should know better than to snub a math teacher!

Anonymous said...

trueeeee

maxutils said...

And, as Thursdays always go … a valuable addition to our students' education…

Darren said...

Team Victory's students will do better--who *wouldn't* pay even closer attention to the knowledge powerhouses on campus? :)

maxutils said...

You know exactly what I mean.

Darren said...

Yes, I do. But if I had to be there, I'm glad to have won.

maxutils said...

True that. I would expect your win to be a given, though.