Monday, January 05, 2015

Finnish The Story

Because today was a teacher work day I allowed myself a very extended lunch with a former student who just returned from a semester in Finland.  I was eager to get his feel for the country in general, and Helsinki in particular, since the current plan is to spend several hours in Helsinki this summer.  I'm not going until June, though, so there's plenty of time for him to get me a list of "must see" things in the city center.  I'll compare his list to my Rick Steves guide and prioritize.  I sure loved hearing his stories, you can read some of them here.

One of the things I enjoy most about teaching is when students come back and visit and share with me what's going on in their lives.  Teachers always say they "want to make a difference", and for me, these types of visits are how you know when you've "made a difference" to someone.

No comments: