Friday, April 25, 2014

Oldies But Goodies

While looking through Statcounter today I saw that visitors had viewed these two posts.  After having written over 9000 posts since 2005 I didn't remember the content of these particular ones--but after reading them again, I liked them enough to share again :-)  They're unrelated, but whatever--I hope you enjoy them.

Lunchtime conversation yesterday:
But that isn't the point. This discussion about institutionalized racism--it's paternalistic, it's condescending, and worst, it offers no hope. And of course, it's up to the world to prove that it doesn't exist. How do you prove a negative?

The next post isn't as good as the comments that follow it.

Gay Pride T-shirts At School?
What's the difference in these two cases? Either they're both protected by the 1st Amendment, or neither is. I need someone to try to parse this so that one is OK at school and the other isn't, because I just don't see it.

No comments: