Friday, October 18, 2013

7th Period

The dozen or so of us who do a TGIF each week have taken to calling it "7th Period".  Today we went to the bar of a nice, upscale restaurant chain that most have probably heard of--we have a rotation of 3 or 4 places we frequent--a place we've been several times.

I recognized one of the waiters right away; I can't believe it's been 10 years since I had him as a sophomore in my Algebra 2 class.  When I said his name he turned around and recognized me right away, despite the fact that since he graduated I've shaved my head, and then he recognized all of us at the table, save one.

He's finished his bachelor's degree and is working his way through his 2nd year of law school; he's been working at this restaurant for 6 years but it's the first time we've seen him there!

It's nice to see former students, especially ones who are doing well.

No comments: