Tuesday, December 04, 2012

TSA-holes

That bureaucracy and agency can't go away fast enough for my taste.  I hope Elliott's words are true:
With a powerful congressional committee like this lining up behind sweeping TSA reform, it is not a question of if, but when Congress -- which by the way, does sign the TSA's checks -- acts to dismantle this $8-billion-a-year security boondoggle.

I'm not just saying that because I'm CTA's ombudsman and helped devise some of these solutions. Anyone who doesn't believe the current TSA is a federal disaster area with an impossibly sprawling mandate isn't in touch with reality.

The TSA as it exists can't die soon enough.

3 comments:

allen (in Michigan) said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

I fly a lot, and have a lot of TSA idiocy stories. One in particular: TSA goon asks me to remove my belt. I did. He then panicked and screamed for a supervisor - because I'd removed my belt.

Not joking.

Mike43 said...

Did anyone read the blog post: "I got to second base with my TSA screener?" Pretty hilarious.