Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Need To Quit Booking Vacations

I've got a 2-week trip planned this summer, booked and paid for. I'd tell you all about it, but right now the plan is not to take the laptop with me, so I've come up with a nifty way to keep the blog going in my absence. Part of that plan is keeping my readers in the dark until the trip begins :)

I just booked a trip with my son to Philadelphia over spring break, only a few weeks from now! He's going to be a junior next year, taking US History at school, and I want him to see some of the places he'll be learning about so that it'll be more interesting to him. I'd like to take him to the Coast Guard Academy, but that's a 4-hr drive each way from Philadelphia, and that's just too long of a day trip! Instead I'm working on taking him to the Coast Guard headquarters in Philadelphia, we'll see how they respond to my email!

I can't afford any more big trips, so my 25th West Point reunion in September is probably off the table now. That's a big deal, but the Philly trip is more important.

No comments: