Saturday, December 31, 2011

Posts and Quotes of the Year

I've never done this before but will give it a try: here are the blog posts and statements I think represent some of my best or favorite work from 2011.

Posts
Cheating
OK, So You Voted For Obama 2 1/2 Years Ago...
Terror
Filter Bubbles

Statements
If government-run programs were the answer to every problem, we wouldn't always hear about funding them by eliminating "waste, fraud, and abuse" in some other government program. link

It's one thing to get frustrated about my situation sometimes, but completely another to get into "woe is me" mode. I do not want to go there, but it's one of the few places I can get to easily given my current lack of mobility. link

No one should have a "right" to anything I have to pay for. If someone is entitled to have me pay for something, then what they have is an "entitlement", not a right, and an entitlement can be altered or abolished by the same government that grants it. link

No comments: