Thursday, December 15, 2011

Health Update

I made it back to work today. When people asked how I was feeling, about the best reply I could come up with was that my chances of dying today were lower than they were two days ago :)

I made it back and found everything in its place--my substitute was a friend who retired last June, so she knew how to run everything. I participated in our after-school snackie social, and now I need to make cornbread for tomorrow's luncheon in our staff lounge.

Yesterday, while hobbling around the house, I noticed that the odd feelings in my injured knee are significantly less noticeable than they've been in the past. I can still feel something "not quite right" in there, but it's not near as obvious as it has been. I'm taking this to mean that improvement is still occurring, and that come next April I will be able to run that mile on the anniversary of my accident.

Right now, though, I need to go lie down and rest a bit. I so despise feeling ill....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, brother - hope you feel better soon. I am convinced that being around all those students every day - who often have no sense about keeping their germs to themselves - contributes to the number of illnesses we contract.

Love the blog - keep up the good work. *A conservative teacher in PA*

Darren said...

Thanks for the wishes--and for reading!