Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th Thoughts

I don't get maudlin about this date. On this date we were spanked--why celebrate that? This date should serve to motivate us to ensure something like that never happens again.

Whilst perusing the interwebs I've come upon some interesting quotes and references that are apropos of the day:

Debunking 9/11 Myths: Why Conspiracy Theories Can't Stand Up to the Facts

Lee Harris: The Enemy is someone who is willing to die in order to kill you. And while it is true that the Enemy always hates us for a reason — it is his reason, and not ours.

Mark Steyn: From "Let's Roll!" to "Let's Roll Over."


I'll add more if I find any that interest me.

1 comment:

gbradley said...

I liked Leonard Pitts column.
"Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.

Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.

Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together....


http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/10/2400177/from-here-well-go-forward-the.html