Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Last Day

Today is my last free day before returning to work tomorrow--for the first time since Friday, April 15th. We have meetings tomorrow and part of Friday, then we have the rest of Friday to get our classrooms organized for the first day of school on Monday. I've got a couple of students who say they'll come help me set things up, knowing that there are some things I'll be physically unable to do.

At last check I had 42 students in one of my classes. Contractually, I doubt there's a limit to how many they can put into any one class; by the 20th day of school, though, I am limited to an average of 33 per class or 36 in any particular class. That's still way too many, of course.

On Friday my son gets back from a couple weeks of scuba diving in Hawaii with grandma and grandpa. I've already picked up his schedule from school and he'll be ready to go.

Here's to the start of a new year!

Update: That class is up to 43 now.

1 comment:

Dan Edwards said...

Have a GREAT School year! And, continue to heal that leg.