Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Disappearing Posts?

Periodically I look for a post in my archive of over 6000 posts. I also have backup copies on my hard drive, in case the search boxes at the top or bottom of this page fail me. A couple of times, I've found posts in my "hard drive" archives that neither search box can find online anymore, and tonight it's happened again. I even search for key words in the post that wouldn't pop up in too many other posts--and it just doesn't appear to be online anymore.

It's happened again tonight. How do posts just disappear?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Demand a full refund from Blogspot. Of you hold your ground, they'll cave.

Erin said...

I used to blog on blogger. But blogger, it turns out, is notorious for losing blog posts. I, too, have had this happen, as have others that I know. Anecdotal evidence, sure, but still...

W.R. Chandler said...

Same thing has happened to me. Maybe Blogger is trying to save space and thinks we won't check?

allen (in Michigan) said...

They don't. Either there's some bug in blogspot's software or someone/thing is deleting them. Any complaints from other bloggers about disappearing posts?

Steve USMA '85 said...

Red Electrons

socalmike said...

They're the "Old-Posts Gnomes":
Phase one: collect old posts.
Phase two: ??
Phase three: Profit!

Anonymous said...

That is interesting, and disconcerting. Luckily for me, I only post once a day, so it'll be easy to see if anything has disappeared. . . Still, have you contacted Blogspot about this?

Darren said...

I've put a question up on their Help Forum.