Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weight Loss Update

Back in July I started a weight loss regimen that I planned to use to help me lose 30 pounds this school year. Since then I've used my ellliptical trainer almost every school day, started going for neighborhood "head clearing" walks in the evening, and took up hot yoga (Bikram style) twice a week, in addition to severely cutting back on the quantity and improving the quality of my diet.

Yes, weight fluctuates daily, and even more so throughout a day. But I weigh myself each morning when I get up, on the premise that such consistency helps provide better daily data.

This morning, for the first time, I passed the 18 pound mark :-)

3 comments:

gbradley said...

Congratulations.
That is a lot harder than you make it sound.

SentWest said...

You're an inspiration. I'm getting back to Crossfit after six months and 30 pounds of being lazy.

It's amazing how much weight can fluctuate during the day. I have a consistent 5-6 pound gain between first thing in the morning and going to bed. That's why one needs to throw away the scale and go on how the clothes fit.

Anonymous said...

Easier than I expected