Friday, September 03, 2010

Friday Trivia

The answer to yesterday's question is:
A (westbound) 747.

The answer to yesterday's bonus question is:
It pours. Man, it pours.

And now the bad news. My desktop computer, which pretty much has my life as I currently know it stored on its hard drive, won't boot up. I shut it down after recording my weight this morning, and when I got home from work it wouldn't boot up. This is not good. And it means that, among other things, I can't get to the list of trivia questions I've written.

So trivia and other things will be suspended until I can somehow access that hard drive.

7 comments:

pseudotsuga said...

good luck on the hard drive, Darren.

Eric W. said...

This is what backups are for.

However, not much you can do about that right now.

Your best bet is something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002

That'll let you hook up the internal hard drive to another computer through USB, to transfer the most important stuff over. You could also find a friendly geek who's willing to let you stick your hard drive in their case (boy that sounds dirty) and get what you can off.

Darren said...

Yes, Eric, it does sound dirty. And I'm a little turned on :-)

Eric W. said...

I do hope you mean your computer.

Darren said...

Uh, yeah, *cough cough*, that's what I meant.

maxutils said...

Wow . . . I guess I can understand how recording your weight might have hurt it . . .

Darren said...

Screw you, max! :-)