Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pictures From the Cancun Trip

As promised!
click on the pictures to enlarge
This is the front of our hotel, located at about Km 18.5 on the Kukulcan (for those of you who know what that means.)

Ruinas El Rey, at about Km 18. A small Mayan ruin on the south end of Cancun Island.

The view north up the beach from our hotel.

My favorite part of the hotel--the swim-up bar!

My son and I at SeƱor Frogs.

Snorkeling in a cenote at Hidden Worlds. Read about my experience here.

The entrance to the most famous of Mayan ruins, one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.

The temple at the north end of the Ball Court at Chichen Itza.

Proof that I was actually there. Yes, that's the Pyramid of Kukulcan; no, the public isn't allowed to climb it anymore. Can you believe that some idjits were chipping off pieces as souvenirs??? I say, do what the Maya did--cut out their hearts and throw their bodies down the pyramid.

Me at the El Maco ruins in Puerto Juarez, just outside of Cancun. We found these ruins quite by accident.

Iguanas are everywhere in that part of Mexico, and are quite common at all the ruins. I call this particular pose, with the head raised, "standing guard".

No comments: