Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I Met With Our District Superintendent Today

As I wrote last week that I would, today I met with our district superintendent regarding illegal fees charged in our schools.

I'm notoriously bad at reading people, but she gave me every reason to believe that she took my concerns seriously and was sincere in her resolve to correct the issue. She told me that as an Associate Superintendent in another district she was involved in the same issue, and therefore was aware that the specifics I brought to her attention were real and needed correcting. What with summer vacation fast approaching this obviously isn't something about which she can gather information immediately, but committed to getting in touch with me in August to let me know her progress.

I came away from the meeting pleased, and am curious what her plan for overcoming decades of inertia will be.

No comments: