Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Waiting For The Hammer To Fall

At the end of last school year, just a few short months ago, I could have heard news that my school had been wholly consumed by the fires of Hell and my first reaction would have been one of glee--that's how unhappy I was there.

We're now in the 4th week of school and I continue to be cautiously optimistic about this year. Memories of the previous two years, though, torment me with thoughts that I might be in the calm before the storm. It's a hard feeling to shake.

3 comments:

Eric W. said...

Once you knew you'd never have me in a class again, it all just stopped being worth it.

PeggyU said...

I hope your worries are not realized!

Ellen K said...

Post Traumatic Shock.
My husband had that after a particularly bad job experience wherein after twenty one years he was forced out by new bosses. He had nightmares for months and frankly hasn't shaken the feeling of waiting for the next crisis.