Friday, December 26, 2008

The Association of American Educators

Long-time readers of this blog will know that I don't have many kind words for the California Teachers Association or the National Education Association. Getting the word out about these two organizations is why I joined the California Teachers Empowerment Network, and it was through CTEN that I learned about the Association of American Educators:

The Association of American Educators (AAE) is the largest national, non-union, professional teacher association, advancing the profession through professional development, teacher advocacy and protection, as well as promoting excellence in education, so that our members receive the respect, recognition and reward they deserve!


With the money I get from my agency fee rebate I join AAE each year. Through AAE I get better liability insurance coverage than the CTA provides.

If you're an agency fee payer, you should consider AAE.

No comments: