Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Students Act Like Barbarians, And It's The Bus Driver's Fault

I'm disappointed that the video was removed from YouTube, thereby preventing each of us from ascertaining for ourselves what went on. As I read this story, though, the students on the bus were out of control and the bus driver pulled over to gain some control.

Parents, of course, blame the bus driver. And you've got to love this vignette:

One of those students, DeBrandon Harris, said he was suspended from school and cannot return until further notice.

“I didn't do anything wrong. I was fearing for my life," Harris said.

But the Marietta High School student and his mother believe that he’s being made a scapegoat for the other students.“

This doesn't look good on my college application,” Harris said.

Hint: neither does being a jerk, DeBrandon.

I'd tell the parents to get their own kids to school. That would be a logical consequence of allowing your child to behave like a Visigoth.

No comments: