Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud?

I was shopping yesterday, and the very beautiful, soulful song being played over the speakers included the lyrics, "What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

So I started thinking. My first reaction, and probably most people's, was to look back over my day and find something, anything, with which to answer the question. After all, if we can't answer that question then we're not good people--and we all want to think highly of ourselves, don't we?

Shortly thereafter I realized that I had it all backwards.

You see, it's not enough to look back on the day and hope you've done something to make you feel proud. Rather, you should set out each day with the goal of doing something in which you can take pride.

At the end of the day, answering the question should be easy.

No comments: