Sunday, July 29, 2007

Good For Brown

When I read the title of this post I experienced a sinking feeling, thinking that it was the accuser that Brown had admitted. Instead they welcomed one of the real victims of the Duke rape hoax.

With everything over but the cleanup in that case, I can't imagine why any of those young men would ever want to hear about Duke again, much less return. What a vile, disgusting place--and with professors like the Gang of 88, the university deserves any consequences that accrue.

That situation, and indeed the entire university, cry out for justice--and I for one hope that voice is heard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darren:

Your might want to check today's Durhaminwonderland blog. Duke is advertising for a new staff position that will no doubt solve all of its problems. You'll love it.

Mike

Darren said...

Don't tell me, let me guess.

A Chief Diversity Officer!

Darren said...

Oh Gawd, can I call 'em, or was it just to predictable?

*****
According to Inside Higher Ed, Duke is seeking a new director for “Diversity and Equity,” whose task will be “to provide training and support diversity initiatives.”
*****

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. You might check my comment--it's number 62 or something like like--pointing out that after reading the job description, I'd have no idea at all, apart from making Powerpoint presentations, what the person filling that job would do to fill eight hours, five days a week. I wonder of Duke does?