Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Superintendent Sounds Like A Grown-up...

...teachers union does not.

We all received the following email from the superintendent this morning:

Good Morning Staff,


I was disappointed to learn that {the district's teachers union} is encouraging their members to boycott the staff forums related to Redesign II. They have also indicated that they are asking teachers to picket today’s staff event. Because I do not want to place staff in the position of crossing a picket line I have decided to cancel the staff forums until further notice. To hold the staff forum today could be terribly divisive to the district, and cause unnecessary hurt and strife...

Who sounds grown-up here, and who sounds like whiny children? I, too, want more of a raise than the district is offering, but this kind of "no!" doesn't strike me as the way to get it.

No comments: