Saturday, September 30, 2006

Goldilocks Economy

I'm off to a wedding in Santa Cruz today, so blogging will be light. Since I have to leave in less than 2 hours, I'll just post a couple links to good stuff.

Read here about our Goldilocks economy:

"We are enjoying a goldilocks economy, not too hot and not too cold." In other words, there's no economic bubble out there that's about to go "pop..."

Rising stocks, falling gas prices, low tax rates and the Goldilocks economy are powerful pluses for election-year Republicans. With so many indicators leaning positive, the Democrats aren't even talking about the economy anymore.


That last point is rather telling, I think.

Update, 10/3/06: I'll bet the press won't be giving President Bush much credit for this, either. Granted, I don't think Presidents have that much of an impact on the national economy or the stock market, but you could be sure they'd be beating him about the head and shoulders if the news was bad.

No comments: