Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ed School Folly, or Generic College Folly?

I received the following in an email and received permission to post it here. I found it entertaining.

I had an instructor in one course who wouldn't give anyone higher than a B on the first draft of any paper, because he believed in mastery learning and that one could always improve. He always wrote comments on my papers, using obscure words or words that seemed much too complicated for the message he was trying to deliver. I found it very annoying that I sometimes had to look up the words he used to describe my papers. Well, two can play that game, and I went to the bookstore and bought a dictionary of obscure and seldom used words and made sure to incorporate them in my papers. The bizarre comments went away...

No comments: