Saturday, September 24, 2005

NEA Resolutions

NEA adopted a series of resolutions (probably hundreds) at its annual convention in early July. What are these resolutions that we dues-paying members of the union are now supposed to support? No one knows.

No one knows because they're not published in the NEA Today (only some are), and they're not available on the web, either. From an email I received:
Unfortunately, the 2005 Resolutions have not yet been posted to the
nea.org Web site. We expect to have them posted soon. I'm sorry for the
inconvenience.

Bonnie Gardner
Web editor
nea.org
Remember, these were adopted in early July. 2 1/2 months ago. Are they hiding something?

2 comments:

Mike Antonucci said...

Darren: Send me your e-mail and I'll send you the 2003-04 NEA Resolutions in Acrobat format. Then pick the ones you are most interested in and I will be able to tell you if their language was changed in any way during the 2005 convention. It takes some time to incorporate all the amendments and publish the new version, but NEA has 580 highly paid employees; you would think they'd be done by now.

mike@eiaonline.com

Darren said...

I've received personal emails from Glenn Reynolds (Instapundit), Joanne Jacobs, Kimberly Swygert (Number 2 Pencil), and Edwonk--but all of those were responses to my emails.

This is the first time, to my knowledge, that a big-name blogger (well, he is to me and to those of us in education circles), a celebrity, if you will, has visited my site uninvited.

I feel all googly inside :-)