Friday, July 22, 2005

Harry Potter = Sexual Freedom?

I just purchased Half-Blood Prince today. I don't know if I'll finish it before school starts or not--I'd have to bump my Clive Cussler book, which is next in line after I finally finish reading Tocqueville's Democracy In America, in order to fit Potter in.

Here are two interesting and short posts about the Potter books, showing you can find sexual innuendo anywhere if you try hard enough ("Short" and "hard enough" are not intended to be innuendo!).

First one
Second one

Update, 7/23/05 10:43 am: Ok, I finished Democracy In America last night and bumped Clive Cussler. Then I was up till some ungodly hour reading the first 200 or so pages of Harry Potter. This, of course, after reviewing the last few dozen pages of Order of the Phoenix yesterday so I could remember what happened, since I read *that* book 2 years ago. At the rate I'm going, I'll get to Cussler's book in a couple more days :-)

Update #2, 7/26/05 6:45 pm: I finished Half-Blood Prince a day or two ago. I'll probably start Cussler's book tomorrow. I guess all I needed to finish de Tocqueville was some motivation, and Rowling certainly provided it.

No comments: